Wallace State offers a variety of programs and classes entirely or partially online.
The Wallace State Business department offers several degree programs online. You may choose the Business Administration degree or from three Business Education/Office Administration degrees.
- The Business Administration degree is designed for students who wish to pursue a four-year degree in a business-related area such as Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, or Marketing. Approximately two years of classes are completed at WSCC, then the student transfers to a four-year college or university.
- The Business Education/Office Administration degrees available online are Administrative Assistant, Medical Administrative Assistant, or Accounting. These programs are computer intensive and are designed to establish or update skills for immediate employment in a business/office related field.
For more information about the Business program offered at Wallace State contact: Marcy Manning, Department Chair 256-352-8174 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wallace State Child Development program offers several options online. You may choose:
- The Short Term Certificate can be completed in two semesters. This option is designed for students who wish to pursue a career as an assistant in early care and education programs such as Early Head Start, Head Start, and Alabama’s First Class Pre-K. The certificate is also designed to support students’ role as the lead teacher in family day cares or child care centers. CPR Certification as a Healthcare Provider is required. All child development courses required for the certificate are offered online. Some courses require limited face-to-face visits with young children to complete coursework.
- The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree requires completion of both general education and child development courses which can be completed in 5 semesters. This option is designed for students who wish to pursue a career as a lead teacher in early care and education programs such as Early Head Start, Head Start or family day cares or child care centers. It also would help students pursue a career as assistant in the Alabama First Class Pre-K programs. Most courses required for the AAS will transfer to Athens State for a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. CPR Certification as a Healthcare Provider is required. All child development courses and most of the general education courses required for the degree are offered in an online format. Some courses require limited face-to-face visits with young children to complete coursework.
- Wallace State Child Development also offers the courses required for the formal early childhood education training of the Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential. The CDA courses (CHD 100, CHD 204, CHD 206, and CHD 209) are offered online during the school year and all are offered online during the summer semester.
For more information about the Child Development Program offered at Wallace State contact: Dr. Marcie Hill, Department Chair 256.352.8383 email@example.com
The Wallace State Computer Science department offers its Programming, Software Support, and Internet/Networking Technology options completely online.
- The Programming degree provides students with basic programming skills and exposes them to many of the major programming languages used in the modern-day business environment.
- The Software Support (Help Desk) degree focuses on developing skills to provide computer hardware and software support for millions of users in corporations across the nation.
- The Internet/Networking Technology option will allow you to focus your information technology career in the configuration and installation of network services and applications.
For more information about the Computer Science program offered at Wallace State contact: Donna Farmer, Department Chair 256-352-8148 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wallace State’s Health Information Technology program offers its entire degree in an online format, including the Health Information Technology degree and Medical Coding certificate.
- The Health Information Technician is a skilled professional who analyzes and evaluates highly sensitive data in health records. Skills of the health information technician include supervising the release of health information, maintaining and utilizing information storage and retrieval systems, compiling various health statistics, transcribing clinical information, and medical coding.
- Medical Coding Technicians perform a detailed review of medical records to identify diagnoses and operative procedures.
For more information about the Health Information Technology program offered at Wallace State contact: Donna Stanley, Program Director 256/352-8327 email@example.com.
Online and hybrid classes offered at Wallace State Community College:
Automotive Manufacturing Technology
Business & Office Administration
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Emergency Medical Paramedic
Health Care Information Technology
Medical Transcription Certificate
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy Assistant