Tegrity Releases New Interface for Enhanced Student Learning Experience!
Beginning with the Fall 2013 Term, Wallace State Community College will begin using Tegrity’s newly released interface (UI) along with various new features for students as well as faculty.
This new design is simple and contemporary and allows students an enhanced user experience with all the features both faculty and students have enjoyed in the past: EZ navigation tools; state-of-the art search and search navigation; bookmarking and note-taking; captioning capabilities; printing and downloading. Additionally, there is a larger branding area for your institution’s logo on the top left.
Recording Transcript Downloading & Printing Improvements
Students (and faculty!) can now view, print, and download transcripts from Tegrity recordings where captioning has been provided.
Time Stamped Captions Available for Printing & Download
New Print Layouts
Tegrity now supports more optimized printer layouts for better facilitation of note taking and efficient use of paper.
Easier Management of Course and Recording Tasks:
To make it easier for you, we have three tabs that are both prominent and placed where you need them to be. This replaces the Action Task that used to be located in the bottom left-hand side.
- Sorting: You can now sort of date, title, and duration.
- Course Tasks: You can now easily decide if you want to upload additional course content, videos, syllabi, assignment links; start a test for students; or publish podcasts, etc.
- Recording Tasks enable you more easily edit, move, copy, share, download, or request captioning for multiple recordings with a single click. All the functions you have done in the past remain; it is just easier to find and execute!
New Location for Where Students Generate Mobile App Code
Students used to access a Settings tab on the top right to generate a code for their mobile app. Now it resides in a tab called “My Account”.
Enhanced Call Outs for Recording Previews
Both faculty and students can now enjoy an easier way to preview recordings before they identify the chapter or content that they seek. The call-outs are lengthier and provide more information and meta- tags for easier location of materials.
Mac Recorder – Integrated Volume Control and Volume Indicator
The Mac recorders now have the volume controls integrated into the recorder workflow and interface as well as in the dialog button that persists during recordings.
New Sharing Options for Instructors:
Tegrity now makes it easier to share class links with several more options: a simple direct URL link is automatically created with additional options to choose Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Tumblr to communicate the link.
Upload Recordings to YouTube
If enabled by the administrator, the instructor will have a new publishing option to supply their own YouTube (Google) credentials for uploading the screen-portion of a Tegrity recording. This is an admin- controlled feature just like any of the delivery options available in Tegrity.
New Editor User Interface
The new Editor user interface is enables the first of many enhancements to Tegrity. In addition to the ease of use, the Editor offers three (3) major enhancements:
- The browser is support in IE, Firefox, Chrome (PC), and Safari (Mac)
- It is now far easier to remove and update or replace captions.
- Additional standards for captioning are supported not only in the Editor but in the captioning workflow, including:
- QuickTIme (QT)
Additional Administrative and Faculty Features and Tools
New Supported Caption Formats: Several new standardized captioning formats will be supported for closed captioning. This will allow Tegrity users to choose from a larger variety of tools and providers. The newly supported caption formats include:
- SRT – The most common subtitle/caption file format.
- SBV – Very similar to SRT.
- DFXP – Commonly used for captioning Flash video. Developed by W3C.
- QT – Caption format used for QuickTime video or audio. Developed by Apple.
Remove Closed Captions: An option is now available for removing closed captions from a recording. This will allow for easier external editing and replacement of existing captions.
Maximum Recording Time Setting: A new admin setting allows to define a maximum length for
Tegrity recordings. No more worries about the occasions where someone forgets to turn off the recording feature for several days.
Helpdesk Admin Password Management: It will now be possible for helpdesk administrators to edit their own account information.
Office 2013 Support
Windows 8 Support