Wallace State offers a variety of programs and classes entirely or partially online.
Do you have questions about taking an online course? View our Online Learner Guidebook.
The Wallace State Business department offers several degree programs online. You may choose the Business Administration degree or from three Business Education/Office Administration degrees.
- The Business Administration degree is designed for students who wish to pursue a four-year degree in a business-related area such as Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, or Marketing. Approximately two years of classes are completed at WSCC, then the student transfers to a four-year college or university.
- The Business Education/Office Administration degrees available online are Administrative Assistant, Medical Administrative Assistant, or Accounting. These programs are computer intensive and are designed to establish or update skills for immediate employment in a business/office related field.
For more information about the Business program offered at Wallace State contact: Marcy Manning, Department Chair 256-352-8174 or email@example.com.
The Wallace State Computer Science department offers its Programming, Software Support, and Internet/Networking Technology options completely online.
- The Programming degree provides students with basic programming skills and exposes them to many of the major programming languages used in the modern-day business environment.
- The Software Support (Help Desk) degree focuses on developing skills to provide computer hardware and software support for millions of users in corporations across the nation.
- The Internet/Networking Technology option will allow you to focus your information technology career in the configuration and installation of network services and applications.
For more information about the Computer Science program offered at Wallace State contact: Donna Farmer, Department Chair 256-352-8148 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wallace State’s Health Information Technology program offers its entire degree in an online format, including the Health Information Technology degree and Medical Coding certificate.
- The Health Information Technician is a skilled professional who analyzes and evaluates highly sensitive data in health records. Skills of the health information technician include supervising the release of health information, maintaining and utilizing information storage and retrieval systems, compiling various health statistics, transcribing clinical information, and medical coding.
- Medical Coding Technicians perform a detailed review of medical records to identify diagnoses and operative procedures.
For more information about the Health Information Technology program offered at Wallace State contact: Donna Stanley, Program Director 256/352-8327 email@example.com.
Online and hybrid classes offered at Wallace State Community College:
Automotive Manufacturing Technology
Business & Office Administration
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Emergency Medical Paramedic
Health Care Information Technology
Medical Transcription Certificate
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy Assistant